Date: 17th Jun 2022 @ 3:46pm
We have been very lucky this week to see our own eggs hatch into chicks!
The children have been learning lots.....
- knowledge about chicks - how they hatch? how they grow? what they eat?
- life cycle of a chick
- fiction and non-fiction stories
- observational drawings
- wrote a sentence about chicks
- chick models and pictures
- created our own class 'non-fiction' book about chicks
- counted the chicks
- looked closely and described the chicks
Today the children were lucky enough to hold a chick too!
"they need to stay warm"
"they are fluffy and yellow and cute"
"they are soft"
"they're making loud noises"
"their feet are spikey"